Just because most of us have been in a deep freeze does not mean we can’t still entertain. I have 10 winter dinner party themes for you to try today. Entertain in the coldest of weather with these themed party ideas.
- Winter Wonderland — break out the white and artificial snow for an icy themed dinner party that you guests will never forget. Layer silky satin white placemats over a white tablecloth. All white dishes, candles, and maybe some faux snowflakes will complete the look. Your guests will love your winter wonderland tablescape.
- Winter Blues — break out of the winter blues with a winter blues party. Layer our Beethoven tablecloth in turquoise with other whites and blues for a vibrant yet “blue” party. Add in snowflakes hanging from branches as a centerpiece and your party is off to a great start.
- Superbowl — you knew I was going to mention this one right? Start with a green tablecloth as your base. You can add stripes with white tape to represent the field. Some other football themed accessories will have you ready for kickoff time. Don’t forget to make some of our 10 bacon appetizer recipes for your football fans.
- Warm it Up — warm up your guests with a cozy party theme. Serve soup, chili, hot chocolate and other “warm” items. Decorate with warm tones. You can wrap vases with old sweaters for a cozy feel.
- Chili Cook Off — have your guests bring their own secret recipes and have a chili cook off party in the comfort of your own home. Who will reign supreme? You can award best tasting, hottest, most unique, and more.
- Rustic Lodge — when I think of winter I think of an old rustic hunting lodge. Grab a burlap tablecloth and camo napkins to get you started. Decorate your table with deer antlers and plaid. Your guests will feel like they are in a remote lodge even in the middle of the city.
- Olympics — celebrate the start of the Olympics or throw a viewing party. Either way this one is a great way to celebrate sports and your country. Make your party patriotic in theme with your country’s flag added to your tablescape.
- Groundhog Day — throw a dinner party the night before groundhog day. Can you predict whether or not that pesky critter will see his shadow? Ask guests for their predictions then see who is right the next morning. This is a great theme for those with kids as well!
- Luau — throw a luau party in the middle of winter! We are all longing for warmer weather so bring that feeling into your home for a party that everyone will be talking about. Decorate in bright colors, hand out grass skirts, and ship drinks with umbrellas. You will feel warmer in no time.
- Valentine’s Day — who says it is just for couples? Throw a lovely bash with red and pink. Don’t forget to fold your napkins like a heart using our super simple instructional video. Have guests dress in festive red or pink to add to the fun. Kids can get in on the party by giving all of the guests a handmade valentine
I hope you have enjoyed these 10 winter dinner party themes. Which one will you be throwing at your home this winter?