My family loves this Slow Cooker Chicken Chili recipe. And I just love coming home from work and smelling dinner in the air! Cooking with a crock pot is a gift you give your future self.
Here’s a really good chicken chili recipe that requires only a few fresh ingredients – chicken breasts and possibly sour cream and cheese if you want them for toppings. Everything else can probably be found in your pantry. It only took me 8 minutes to put everything into the slow cooker – and that included taking photos. The time-saving secret to this recipe is the taco seasoning mix. You don’t have to measure individual spices because they’re already put together for you!
Kim’s Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16-oz) can chili beans
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16-oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12-oz) can of beer (or substitute chicken broth)
- 1 (10-oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies (chili-ready)
- 1 (1.25-oz) package taco seasoning (mild, medium, or hot)
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Crushed tortilla chips for topping (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese for topping (optional)
- Sour cream for topping (optional)
Place the chopped onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer (or chicken broth), diced tomatoes and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Stir until blended. Lay the chicken breasts in the mixture until just covered. Cook on low for 5 – 6 hours:
Remove the chicken breasts. Place on cutting board and shred or slice into bite-sized pieces. Stir back into the chili and continue cooking for 2 more hours on low or 1 hour on high:
Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips or the toppings of your choice. Refrigerate any leftovers. It tastes great the next day, too!
Here’s the free printable recipe: Slow Cooker Chicken Chili. You’ll be glad you made it when you get home from work and sit down to a wonderful dinner – compliments of your thoughtful past self. Bon appétit!